This mornings 12WBT workout consisted of legs and arm exercises. At the end was two x 4 minute Tabata rounds of 20 sec on/10 sec off. One of them was push ups and last week I skipped doing it because I knew I would struggle. This week I was determined to push myself to do it even though I didn't want to.
I was able to stay on my toes to about halfway through and then had to alternate between doing them on my knees and toes. At the end I felt like I wished I could have gotten through them all on my toes but I was glad I forced myself to do it this time as the only way to get better is with practice.
For dinner tonight I'm making Kasey's recipe for Lentil Sloppy Joes. Ever since I saw the recipe a few weeks ago I've been meaning to make it and tonight is finally the night. I'm planning on adding lots of extra vegies to mine in the form of capsicum and mushrooms as I will probably serve it with some bread not salad as she did.
Here's what my prep looks like so far:
Right now onto Eggplant Fritters. I am really into making vegetable fritters at the moment and wanted to experiment with different vegetables apart from corn and zucchini so decided to give them a go with eggplants. This recipe takes some prep at the start but that can be done in advance.
Servings: 2, Serving size: 3.5 Fritters, Calories: 186 Calories per serve
2 Large Eggplants
30g Wholemeal flour
2 tsp Garlic
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Bragg's Herbs & Spices Seasoning (or any general herb mix).
1/4 Cup Water
1. Pierce whole eggplants with a knife.
2. Place whole eggplants on a tray to roast in a moderate to hot oven for about 45 minutes or until soft in the middle (should feel squishy):
3. Let eggplants cool and then peel the skin off and discard and then chop up the insides finely. (This is what could be done ahead of time)
4. Add the eggplant insides (I feel there should be a better way to say this!) to a bowl along with flour, egg, garlic, cumin, spices, water and salt and pepper. Mix well:
5. Put a frying pan on a medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
6. Add 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time to form about 7 fritters. You don't have to measure but I just find it easier when I do.
7. Fry each fritter until golden brown on each side be careful when you turn them over.
Servings: 1, Serving size: All of it, Calories: 56 Calories per serve
75g Low Fat Greek Yoghurt
1 tsp Garlic
1 tsp Cumin
Squeeze of Lemon if you have it
1. Mix together yoghurt, cumin, garlic, lemon and salt and pepper.
3. Adjust the garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
I served my fritters and topped with the yoghurt sauce with a side salad and all up it was 285 Calories and it was yummy:
Do you have to push yourself to do certain exercises you don't want to do? What's on the menu for dinner tonight?